Many of you have probably heard of The Power Hour, but if you haven't, it's optometry's only online live talk radio show, and it's on every Wednesday night at 9:00 p.m. ET. The Power Hour is a great resource for ODs that offers a live discussion of current events in optical including practice-building events, political viewpoints, and clinical topics.
The Internet has always been a great resource for all things optometry including blogs, open forums, email lists among ODs, and even social media groups. But with The Power Hour you get to hear about timely topics, straight from the experts themselves! And what's even better is that because it's a talk radio show, freewheeling discussion is encouraged from the listeners. So, you can either sit back and relax, or actively participate in the conversation. It's up to you!
So What's Up Next? EHR Software and Meaningful Use Stage 2
On November 20, 2013, Ian Lane, OD, an expert on optometric EMR will be discussing everything about Meaningful Use Stage 2, ICD-10 codes, and client-server vs. cloud-based EHR software.
Want to Catch This Week's Show?
You can listen live from The Power Hour website, or call in with your phone at 646-716-8746. And don't worry if you're busy with the kids that night and can't catch it live. You can always catch recorded versions of the show too!
What Else Does The Power Hour Offer?
The Power Hour schedule is already lined up for half of 2014. Check out some of the upcoming topics:
- How to Build a Monster Corneal Shaping Practice
- Spare Second Pairs - New Approach
- Ocular Surface Disease Update
- Social Media Update
- How Does Your Office Smell and Does it Matter?
- It's 2014 - So Now What do we do About Obamacare?
- LASIK Update
- Social Media from 50,000 Feet
- Tech Update
- Meaningful Use 2, ICD-10, and The Cloud
- How Much is Your Practice Really Worth?
- Vision Council Update
- Are ODs Falling Behind MDs in Benefiting from Healthcare Reform?
- Screening Employees & Background Checks
Don't want to wait until the next show to get info about EHR software for your practice? Check out our latest whitepaper, The ABCs of EMRs and EHRs for ECPs!