Providing the highest level of patient care in your practice is likely on the top of your priority list as an OD. If you're currently using EHR software to manage patient care in your practice are you sure you're using it to its best ability and following best practices to provide the best patient experience?
If you're still managing patient care via paper in your office it could be for many reasons. Maybe you're nervous to rely on technology, or you've had a bad experience with electronic records in the past, or you're just used to doing things your own way. While all of these are valid, it's worth it to explore your options and understand how EHR technology could benefit your practice and your patients.
EHRs can improve the ability to diagnose diseases, reduce or prevent
medical errors, and improve patient outcomes. In fact, according to HealthIT.gov:
- 94% of providers report that their EHR makes records readily available at point of care.
- 88% reported that their EHR produces clinical benefits for their practice.
- And, 75% of providers report that their EHR allows them to deliver better patient care.
Because this is such an important topic for eyecare providers, we're hosting an upcoming webinar series with Dr. Ian Lane to demonstrate how EHR software can help you better manage patient care in your practice. Over the course of 4 weeks, he'll review four different condition-based patient encounters and how your practice can leverage technology to provide the best treatment and patient outcomes.
The patient encounters to be covered each week include:
- August 17: Documenting Contact Lens Fitting and Follow Up Care
- August 24: Documenting a Complete Patient Encounter from Scheduling to Optical
- August 31: Documenting Pre and Post Op Cataract Care
- Sept. 7: Documenting Diagnosis and Treatment of Open Angle Glaucoma
All sessions are held on Wednesdays at 12pm CT. We hope to see you there!